Meet Eric Yao, DDS, MAGD
"It is my goal to provide a friendly and welcoming family environment that is committed to providing the highest caliber of dental care. I love practicing dentistry because it offers me an opportunity to be an artist, engineer and problem solver. I am able to meet new challenges each day and figure out the best possible solution. It takes creativity as well as a solid foundation of knowledge and skill. I enjoy this creativity as well as enforcing my knowledge and skill through continuing education. What I love most are the relationships I’ve created with my patients."
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Art in Zoology – University of Washington, 1994.
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Washington School of Dentistry, 1998.
- Fellowship, Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- Fellow, American Dental Implant Association
- Fellow, World Clinical Laser Institute
- Mastership, Washington Academy of General Dentistry
- Affiliate Professor at UW School of Dentistry
- Selected as America's Top Dentists in 2011 to present
- Selected as Best of Shoreline Awards for Dentistry in 2003 to present
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Washington State Dental Association
- Seattle-King County Dental Society
- American Dental Implant Association
- World Clinical Laser Institute
Dr. Eric Yao has earned Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) on June 23, 2012. To earn Mastership in the AGD (MAGD), dentists must take more than 1,100 hours of advanced educational courses in various areas. The award is then presented to general dentists in a formal ceremony. Dr. Eric Yao is one of the less than 1% of general dentists who have achieved this honor. We are very proud of him in the office. Congratulations Dr. Yao!
"I believe continuing education is essential to staying current and on the cutting edge of dentistry. We owe it to our patients to provide them the best care possible, and it is through continuing education that I am able to offer patients my best. I participate because I would like to be the best at what I do, not just for myself, but also for my patients."
To learn more about the MAGD Award!
I love my team!! They are great assets to my practice because we all share the same philosophy. When you visit our Shoreline Dental office, your smile is our top priority. Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with the personalized, gentle care that you deserve. Part of our commitment to serving our patients includes providing information that helps them to make more informed decisions about their oral health needs.
We believe in partnering with you to develop the best treatment plan possible. Our no-pressure approach to dentistry is based on the understanding that everyone is unique with different economic and social backgrounds. Each patient receives a care plan based on their individual needs, goals and desires.
Outside the Office
I love the Shoreline community. It is my honor to serve my friends, neighbors, and people of the community in which I grew up. It has always been my philosophy to treat all patients like family, and I would only provide the best treatment for family.
My wife is the busy one in the family with a full time job caring for our three boys. During our spare time, we enjoy traveling, outdoor activities, movies, golf, basketball, and cheering on all the Seattle sports teams!!
Please click here to schedule an appointment!